God’s Plan for Marriage @ Christ Church, Cove 11:15am
These are the question for this passage from this week’s parish email.
- The passage is set in context in verse 21 by saying we should submit to one another out of reverence to Christ – this is the context for all the relationships that follow in this chapter and the next. ‘Submitting’ to each other is not often how we talk about relationships what do we understand by it? How do we feel about submitting to each other? How does it work out practically in our friendships, work colleagues and with our spouse?
- We submit to others out of reverence to Christ. How often are we conscious that our relationship with others is part of how we honour God?
- Marriage gives us an insight into the relationship of Christ and the Church – what from our own marriage or marriages of those around us have helped us (or otherwise) understand the relationship between Christ and the Church?
- Verse 24 starts ‘as the church submits to Christ’. What does it look like for the church to do this? Do you think the Church (national and worldwide) does this well?
- Can you think of a time when others have loved you as ‘Christ loves the church’ or encouraged you or cheered you on in faith to be ‘blameless’ in Christ? How did this feel? What reaction did it cause in you? How do you think you can do the same?
Did you enjoy listening to the sermon recording?
Did it challenge you?
Did it make you think?
or have you been blessed by listening?
Well all these things are good things and good things are worth sharing. So we would ask you to please share the recording of the sermon with your friends or family or all you social media followers.
If after listening to this recording you have any comments, questions, messages of encouragement for the speaker, general feedback or concerns please contact us and we are here waiting to serve you in whatever way we can. Please fill out the contact form and we will be in contact if you like.