Ephesians 4:7-13 @ 9:30am
Here are the questions from the Parish email for this passage
- Look at verses 8-10. The “world” saw Jesus’ crucifixion as defeat and disgrace – but what picture does Paul give of the reality of the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension of Jesus as he uses Psalm 68?
- Look at verse 11. In the light of Jesus’ glorious victory on the Cross, what are the fourfold ministries, the “gifts that he he gave to his people” (verse 8)? Can you think of one thing that these ministries have in common?
- In verse 12, Paul tells his readers why these gifts were given. What is the purpose of these ministries?
- What do you think, in the light of all that has gone before in Ephesians, do you think Paul means by “unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God” (verse 13)?
- How do you think, according his letter to the Ephesians, Paul would measure a church’s “maturity” which he speaks of in verse 13?
- FAMILY FUN: if you could choose to be either a prophet, an evangelist or a pastor-teacher, which one would you be and why?
Did you enjoy listening to the sermon recording?
Did it challenge you?
Did it make you think?
or have you been blessed by listening?
Well all these things are good things and good things are worth sharing. So we would ask you to please share the recording of the sermon with your friends or family or all you social media followers.
If after listening to this recording you have any comments, questions, messages of encouragement for the speaker, general feedback or concerns please contact us and we are here waiting to serve you in whatever way we can. Please fill out the contact form and we will be in contact if you like.