Ephesians 5:1-20 @ Christ Church, Cove 9:30am Service
Questions from the Parish Email
Questions on Ephesians
- Paul says the Ephesian believers (and we of course) are God’s “beloved children” (v1) What’s that got to do with what follows or is it simply a list of sensible or tiresome do’s and don’ts?
- He also suggest “fornication, impurity …… greed” are idolatry (v5). Is that an exclusive list or do you recognise other sins as idolatry too? If so, for instance……?
- Why make “the most of your time” (v16) and how?
- In Ephesus, the believers seem to be mostly Gentiles (v8) – yet Paul wants them to “find out what pleases the Lord”. How can they – and we – “find out what pleases the Lord”(v10) and “understand what the Lord’s will is” (v17)?
- “Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs” (v 19): what a rich inheritance we’ve been given! How might we best use it as church and individuals?
- Are you someone who is primarily thankful for what you have or fed up over what you haven’t. (Be careful how you answer!)
Did you enjoy listening to the sermon recording?
Did it challenge you?
Did it make you think?
or have you been blessed by listening?
Well all these things are good things and good things are worth sharing. So we would ask you to please share the recording of the sermon with your friends or family or all you social media followers.
If after listening to this recording you have any comments, questions, messages of encouragement for the speaker, general feedback or concerns please contact us and we are here waiting to serve you in whatever way we can. Please fill out the contact form and we will be in contact if you like.